Cost per serving $1.33 view details
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 x yellow onions thinly sliced
- Â Â lengthwise
- 2 x green bell peppers cored, seeded,
- Â Â and cut into 1" strips
- 1 tsp Emeril's Essence
- Â Â (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 1 lrg French bread loaf
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 x recipe Paul's Sausage Meatballs With Red Gravy reheated
- 1/2 lb mozzarella grated
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan or possibly Romano
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Lightly wrap the French bread in aluminum foil and place in the oven till warmed, about 10 min. Remove from the oven and increase the heat to broil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add in the onions, and peppers and cook, stirring, till softened and caramelized around the edges, about 6 min. Remove from the heat and season with the Essence.
- Slice the French bread crosswise into 4 portions, and then cut each piece lengthwise. Spread both cut sides of the bread generously with mayonnaise, and divide the warm meatballs and some of the sauce between the 4 sandwich bottoms. Divide the grated mozzarella and Parmesan between the sandwiches, then top each sandwich with onions and peppers. Top with more of the remaining sauce. Place the bottom of the sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil in the oven till the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining bread. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 207g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 353||72%|
|Total Fat 40.03g||50%|
|Saturated Fat 13.24g||53%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 12.79g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|