Cost per serving $0.72 view details
- 1/2 lb new potato
- 1/4 lb thin fresh green beans
- 1/4 lb thin fresh wax beans
- 2 x lemon, zested, finely, grated
- Â Â juice from half a lemon
- 1 c. creme fraiche
- 3 tsp fresh thyme, leaves
- Â Â coarse salt or possibly fleur de sel
- Place new potatoes in a pot of salted water.
- Bring to a gentle boil and cook till a knife can go easily through the potatoes. Drain water from potatoes and allow to cold.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add in the green beans and cook two to three min, depending on the thickness. Don't overcook, as you want to retain colour and crunch texture.
- When cooked, remove the beans from the water and immediately immerse in ice water. Remove beans from water and drain well. Repeat process for wax beans.
- In a small bowl combine lemon zest, lemon juice, creme fraiche and thyme.
- Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut new potatoes in half (if to large).
- Cut beans into 1-1/2 to 2 inch pcs.
- Place beans and potatoes in a large bowl and toss with lemon thyme creme fraiche.
- Season with fleur de sel or possibly coarse salt and freshly grnd pepper.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 108g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||3%|
|Total Fat 0.36g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.05g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.51g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|