This is a dessert made by British chef Nigella and I have made it several times varrying a little. The original recipe calls for 4 ramikens but I bake mine in a rectangle oven-proof dish. I also use Van Houten's cooking chocolate. Below is the recipe adapted by me and for the original recipe kindly refer to the web link.
- 1 block butter (or 1 stick of 100g)
- 112 or 100g of Van Houten cooking chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- Grease the oven-proof dish with butter.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double-boiler (or in a microwave oven) and set aside to cool.
- Hand whisk the eggs, sugar and flour. Then add the cooled chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160 degrees for 25 minutes (follow your oven specs for baking).
- Top is cooked and chocolate should be gooey underneath.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 51g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||19%|
|Total Fat 3.28g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.34g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.05g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|