- 1 qts bacon slices, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 10 lbs country style hash browns
- 2 lbs shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1 qt eggs
- 4 cups half and half
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat, about 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Drain bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute onions in hot drippings over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in potatoes and bacon.
- Spoon hald of mixture into lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with alf of shredded swiss cheese and top with remaining potato mixture.
- Whisk together eggs and remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.