Cost per serving $1.44 view details
- 1 1/2 c. Butter softened
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 x Egg
- 1 x Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Grated lemon rind
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 1/3 c. Very finely grnd Hazelnuts or possibly almonds
- 3 1/3 c. Unsifted cake flour * see note
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 1/4 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 12 ounce Raspberry jam Confectioners' sugar
- Sandwiched together with a raspberry filling, that peeks through the cutout in the top cookie.
- NOTE: When unsifted flour is called for, fluff up the flour in the sack or possibly container with a fork before measuring. Preheat oven to 350. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer till light and fluffy; beat in egg, egg yolk, lemon rind and vanilla; stir in nuts. Stir in flour, baking pwdr and cinnamon, blending well to make a stiff dough; wrap in wax paper; refrigerateseveral hrs or possibly overnight.
- Cut dough in half. (Chill other half.) Roll out dough between sheets of wax paper to slightly less than a 1/4 inch thickness. Remove top sheet of wax paper. With a 2-inch round cookie cutter cut out as many circles from the dough as you can. Carefully remove circles from bottom sheet of wax paper; place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets. Chill scraps of dough for second rolling. Repeat with other half of the dough, cutting out an equal number of 2-inch circles as from the first batch.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets, cut out center of each of the second batch of cookies. Use any scraps of dough for second rolling. Roll scraps of dough out for second rolling; cut out equal number of solid circles and circles with open centers. Bake in a 350 oven for 12 min, or possibly till edges of cookies are golden brown. Remove cookie sheets from oven; let stand 1 minute. Remove cookies with wide spatula to wire racks. Cold.
- Heat raspberry jam in a small saucepan. Spread each of the solid cookies completely with a thick layer of warm preserves. Top each with a cut-out cookie; press gently together to make a "sandwich". Place on wire rack.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with confectioners' sugar. Spoon dab of preserves in opening of each cookie; let preserves set slightly.
- Makes 4 dozencookies. Family Circle, 12/79
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 125g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 257||47%|
|Total Fat 29.55g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 15.17g||61%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 67.79g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|