A delicious stick to your ribs lasagna with Greek Italian influence.
Servings: 6-8 Servings
Cost per serving $2.35 view details
- For the Red Sauce:
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 28-oz. can peeled whole san marzano tomatoes, with juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepperf
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamin
- juice of half a lemon
- The BÃ©chamel Cream Sauce:
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp AP flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper tt
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- The Lasagna
- I lb. lasagna pasta (I like the kind you don't have to pre-cook)
- 2 lbs. lamb sausage, crumbled with casings removed
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Grease up a 9"x 13" baking dish with a little butter.
- 2. Start the red sauce. Heat up the olive oil in a sauce pot and saute the garlic for a minute or two until it's fragrant. With your clean hands crush the tomatoes one by one into the pot adding all the juices. Season and simmer on low for 20 minutes until the tomatoes have broken down. Add the basil and lemon juice and set aside
- 3. While the red sauce is cooking start cooking the sausage filling. In a saute pan over medium high heat brown the sausage in olive oil until cooked through. Add the spinach and season. Add the herbs and set aside.
- 4. Make the bÃ©chamel: Heat 4 tbsp. butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook 3 minutes. Add flour; cook 2 minutes (whisk to make a roux). Slowly whisk in milk and simmer (don't boil). Whisk in the cheese and reduce to medium-low; simmer, whisking, until thick, 10-15 minutes. Add nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Assemble you lasagna. Start out with a little red sauce. Layer of noodles. Layer of sausage filling. Layer of cream sauce. Layer of Noodles. Layer of red sauce. Repeat until all of your ingredients are nicely layered in the baking dish. Top off with the remaining feta and parmesan cheeses and a few dabs of butter.
- 4. Cover with foil and place in the oven. Cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove foil for the last 15 minutes to get a nice brown top. Garnish with fresh dill and have an Italian-Greek party in your mouth! ;)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 379g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 300||43%|
|Total Fat 34.02g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 17.61g||70%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 69.9g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|