Cost per serving $2.31 view details
- 4 x pita breads
- 1 lb leftover roast leg of lamb (see Grilled Boneless Leg Of Lamb)
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 3 x plum tomatoes seeded, diced
- 4 x scallions sliced thin on an angle Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 c. plain yogurt
- 1 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp grnd coriander
- 2 Tbsp. finely-minced fresh mint leaves
- Wrap pitas in foil and hot in a low oven. Thinly slice the cooked lamb. In a small skillet over moderate heat bring the chicken stock to a boil, the reduce heat to low. Add in the sliced lamb to reheat while keeping it moist.
- To a second skillet over moderate heat add in oil, 1 turn of the pan, diced tomatoes and scallions. Heat tomatoes and onions through, 2 min. Season with salt and pepper then turn off the burner. Combine yogurt with cumin, coriander and mint.
- To assemble, remove meat from hot broth with tongs and shake off excess liquid. Arrange a few slices of lamb down the center of the pita. Top with a few spoonfuls each of tomatoes and scallions and the yogurt dressing.
- This recipe yields 4 pitas, 2 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 420g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 106||32%|
|Total Fat 12.08g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 3.69g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 43.71g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|