- prime rib roast, small end fresh garlic potatoes, optional black pepper, freshly grnd Coleman's dry mustard Paprika
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Stuff as many fresh garlic pcs into the roast as you can (the more, the better). Sprinkle freshly grnd black pepper all over the roast. Generously cover roast with dry mustard, patting with fingers. Cover lightly with paprika for color. Place meat standing in roasting pan in a 500 degree oven; brown for 20-25 min.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees; cook forapproximately 22 min per lb., for medium rare. Remove let stand
- (covered) for 15 min for easy slicing.
- Can add in small potatoes in pan: let them cook in the juices while the roast is baking (for last 45 min).
- *Joe's mother, Lee, gave us this recipe.