Cost per serving $0.16 view details
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoons shortening
- Line 3 cookie sheets or jelly roll pans with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set racks in upper and lower thirds.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl lightly whisk the eggs then add sugar and continue whisking until sugar appears to be well incorporated into the eggs.
- Finally add melted butter and vanilla and continue whisking.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly making sure all the ingredients have been incorporated well.
- Separate into 1 oz pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-inch rope, then form each rope into a circle. Place cookies on each pan.
- Bake the taralli until puffed and golden, about 14 - 16 minutes. Cool on racks
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening using a double broiler or in the microwave.
- Then carefully dip pretzel bottoms in the melted chocolate
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 37g|
|Recipe makes 46 servings|
|Calories from Fat 55||37%|
|Total Fat 6.18g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.53g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 20.25g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|