- 1 pkt (2 1/2 tsp.) active dry yeast
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 x -tsp. salt
- 4 c. flour
- 1 c. hot water
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 lrg egg
- 1 lrg egg
- 1 x -Tbsp. water Purchased filling of your choice
- Combine all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together all liquid ingredients. Gradually add in dry ingredients to the liquid to create a dough. Knead dough for 5 to 10 min till it is smooth and elastic. Spray a large mixing bowl with Pam and place dough inside. Spray Pam on dough and cover loosely with a towel till dough doubles in size.
- Punch down dough. Divide into thirds on a lightly floured surface. Roll out each piece till it is 1/4 inch thick. Cut out 3 inch rounds. Re-roll scraps.
- Place filling in the center of each dough round. Fold three sides up to create a triangle, leaving some filling exposed in the center.
- Place hamentashen 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Cover again and let rise at room temperature till nearly double, about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush tops of the hamentashen with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 25 min or possibly till golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cold.