This is a fast dinner-in-a-skillet recipe, and a good way to use up leftover ham or roast beef. Lots of vegetables make the meat go further and keep calories, fat, sodium and carbs to a reasonable level. A healthy and homey stand-by recipe for breakfast and/or casual dinners.
- 1 tablespoon butter (or more if needed)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion or shallot
- 1 garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 8 ounces fully cooked ham, chopped (1 1/2 to 2 cups)
- 2 cups chopped cooked potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teapoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet. Cook shallot and garlic in butter 2 minutes. Add cabbage and carrot, adding an additional tablespoon of butter if needed, then cook 6-8 minutes stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in ham, potatoes, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper; spread mixture evenly in skillet and cook over medium heat 5 minutes, turning occasionally with spatual.
- Taste for seasonings. Depending on ham saltiness, a pinch or so of Kosher salt can be added.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 193g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 58||34%|
|Total Fat 6.53g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.82g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.55g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|