Cost per serving $0.68 view details
- 1 lb halibut steaks
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. fresh red grapefruit juice divided
- 1/2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 x garlic clove chopped Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. butter - (1/2 stick) divided
- 1 tsp chopped shallot
- 1/2 c. blood orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. chives cut 1" pcs
- Rinse the halibut steaks under running water and pat them dry with paper towels. Set the fish aside.
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil, one-half c. grapefruit juice, thyme and garlic. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Pour the mix over the fish in a shallow glass dish. Cover and let the fish marinate 15 min.
- Put the fish in a lightly buttered baking dish. Dot the top of the fish with 1 1/2 tsp. butter. Bake in a 400-degree oven, basting once or possibly twice with butter and pan juices, till the fish tests done, about 15 min.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare the sauce. Heat 1 1/2 tsp. of the butter in a small saucepan till melted. Stir in the chopped shallot and sweat over low heat just till tender, about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining one-half c. grapefruit juice and blood orange juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook till the juice is reduced to one-third c., about 20 min. Whisk the remaining cool butter into the sauce bit by bit till the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in the salt and pepper to taste.
- When the fish is done, remove it from the oven and place it on serving plates. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Spoon the grapefruit sauce over and garnish with a sprinkle of chives.
- This recipe yields 2 to 3 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 114g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 215||86%|
|Total Fat 24.45g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 10.98g||44%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.26g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|