Cost per serving $1.57 view details
- 8 x Baby leeks, cleaned and trimmed
- 4 x Salmon steaks, cut 1" thick and 1/2 lb. each
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil Or possibly melted butter Herb Butter
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, at room temperature
- 1 x Garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. Finely minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. Minced chives
- 1 sm Bunch watercress, minced
- 1/2 x Lemon, Juiced Salt Freshly grnd pepper
- Light the barbecue in advance so the coals are medium-warm for cooking. Or possibly, preheat a gas barbecue.
- While you are waiting, make the herb butter. Blend the softened butter with the garlic, shallot, chives and watercress, then stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Drain off any excess liquid and mold the butter into a log. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill till hard. Blanch the leeks in boiling water for about 2 min, then drain. Refresh under cool running water and drain again; remove their outer layer.
- Brush the salmon and the leeks with extra virgin olive oil or possibly melted butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish steaks and leeks directly on the grill and cook for 3 to 5 min on each side, till the salmon is hard and the leeks are just charred.
- Serve each salmon steak topped with a slice of the herb butter.
- [Serves 4.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 115g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 193||79%|
|Total Fat 21.9g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 8.73g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.58g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|