Cost per serving $1.68 view details
- preparation time-15 min
- Fresh green chilies-250 gms
- Ginger slices-4 tbs (optional)
- Lemon juice-3/4 cup
- Refined oil-3/4 cup
- Crushed fennel seeds (saunf)- 2.5 tbsp
- Crushed mustard seeds- 1.5 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt-1.5 tbsp
- Wash and wipe green chilies well, then chop into roundels.
- Peel and make thin slices of the ginger.
- Put them in a glass bottle or jar and add salt, turmeric and mustard powder(rai) and keep covered for 4 hours.
- Then add lemon juice, oil and fennel seeds. Mix well.
- Let it mature for 2 -3 days and then start consuming. (You may start using it immediately after making it, but the taste gets enhanced after 2-3 days).
- Keep at room temperature for 1 week. Then keep refrigerated for 2-3 months (Keep mixing it every once a while).
- You can also add fresh turmeric (kachi haldi/or amba haldi) into it along with ginger.
- NOTE -
- 1-Prefer to use milder green chilies/serrano peppers/banana peppers/Bhavnagri mirch, to make this pickle.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 252g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 514||89%|
|Total Fat 58.07g||73%|
|Saturated Fat 9.49g||38%|
|Trans Fat 0.37g|
|Total Carbs 15.57g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|