Cost per serving $1.35 view details
- 15 ounce Chow Mein Noodles, (not canned)
- 1/4 c. Vegetable oil, divided
- 2 x Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. Fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 c. Slivered bok choy
- 1/4 c. Slivered carrot
- 1/4 c. Slivered green pepper
- 1/4 c. Slivered celery
- 2 Tbsp. Sliced water chestnuts
- 2 Tbsp. Slivered bamboo shoots
- 2 Tbsp. Sliced canned mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. Slivered onion
- 1/4 lb Peeled small shrimp, 60 to 75 per lb. s
- 1/4 c. Minced chicken
- 1/4 c. Slivered Chinese BBQ pork
- 1 c. Chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp MSG, (Optional)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Boil chow mein noodles according to package directions. Drain. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in wok or possibly very large frying pan. Stir-fry noodles for 3 to 5 min, or possibly till crisp and light brown. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add in remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and garlic. Add in bean sprouts, bok choy, carrot, green pepper, celery, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and onion to wok. Stir-fry for several min over high heat. Add in shrimp, chicken and barbecued pork.
- Continue stir-frying several min. Add in broth and cover with lid.
- Cook with lid on for 3 to 4 min. Combine Cornstarch with cool water.
- Stir in oyster sauce, sugar, MSG, if used, and salt. Add in sauce and noodles to wok. Continue cooking just till sauce thickens about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 210g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 281||53%|
|Total Fat 32.91g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 4.35g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.23g|
|Total Carbs 48.0g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|