gnoc·chi/ˈnäkē/ Noun: (in Italian cooking) Small dumplings made from potato, semolina, or flour, usually served with a sauce.
Cost per recipe $1.79 view details
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon vodka (I used Stoli)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 cup Gabriel's Tomato Sauce, recipe follows
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic (Added by Amanda, not in original recipe!)
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms (Added by Amanda, not in original recipe!)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften. (I added garlic and mushrooms too!)
- Add the vodka, cream, and tomato sauce, and simmer until the flavors blend, 2 to 3 minutes.
- I purchased pre-made gnocchi and cooked in boiling water for 5-7 minutes or until the gnocchi floated to the top of the water.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 134g|
|Calories from Fat 253||82%|
|Total Fat 28.82g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 18.07g||72%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.14g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|