Cost per serving $1.37 view details
- 375 gm Rhubarb, cut into 1cm ( 1/2 inch pcs) (12oz)
- 350 ml Orange juice, (12fl ounce)
- 3 Tbsp. Cointreau, (3 to 4)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Grnd cloves Freshly grated nutmeg
- 75 gm Soft brown dark sugar, (3oz)
- 1 Tbsp. Cornflour, dissolved in 2 Tbsp. water
- 4 x Oranges, pared into segments
- 175 gm Self raising flour, (6oz)
- 1/4 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Grnd cloves
- 1/4 tsp Grnd ginger
- 1/2 x Tespoon baking pwdr
- 3/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 med Size Large eggs
- 75 gm Butter, softened (3oz)
- 125 gm Soft dark brown sugar, (4oz)
- 1 tsp Black treacle
- 1 x Heaped tsp. freshly grated root ginger
- 125 gm Preserved ginger, finely minced (4oz)
- 175 ml Hot water, (6fl ounce)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, 350 F, Gas Mark 4, lightly butter 6 x 175ml (6fl ounce) pudding basins.
- To make the rhubarb and orange compote; place the rhubarb in a shallow roasting tin along with the remaining ingredients except for the orange segments. Bake without covering for 50-60 min.
- In the meantime, make the ginger timbales by sifting together the flour, spices, baking pwdr and bicarbonate of soda, mix to incorporate all ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add in the Large eggs, butter, sugar, black treacle and ginger. Using an electric whisk combine to make a smooth mix with the addition of the water.
- Divide the mix between the buttered pudding basins. Place on a baking tray and cook directly below the fruit compote for 30 min or possibly till springy to the touch.
- To serve, run a palate knife around the edge of the pudding basin and invert on a suitable serving plate. Add in the orange segments to the fruit compote and spoon over the ginger timbales. Serve immediately.
- NOTES : Mini ginger pudding with a lovely fruit compote combining the flavours of rhubarb, orange and spices.Positively delightful.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 247g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 107||27%|
|Total Fat 12.16g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 6.96g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 67.77g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|