This a typical south Indian Fish curry, very flavourful and perfect with rice.
My hus and I love it and need I say more....Its a dish I prepare anytime I have fish at home.
Can be prepared with any kind of fish preferable fleshy fish, I use Tilapia, Catfish , Mackerel or Salmon. I've used Salmon for this recipe.
- Salmon - 2lbs ( any fish may be used)
- Fresh grated coconut - 1cup
- Dry red chillies - 3-4
- Corriander seeds - 2tbsp
- Water - 3cups
- Turmeric powder - 1.5tsp
- Ginger (cut into thin strips ) - 1/2 inch
- Green chillies - 2-3 cut lengthwise
- Roma Tomato - 2 cut in quarters
- Tamarind - 1-2 lemon sized pieces
- Curry leaves - 3-4leaves
- Salt to taste
- Clean and cut the fish into small cubes.
- Grind the coconut, dry red chillies, turmeric powder and corriander seeds into a fine paste with 2cups of water.
- Heat a non-stick wok and pour the coconut paste.
- Add the ginger, green chillies and tamarind and let it come to a simmer.
- Now add the fish, tomato and curry leaves, salt and add 1cup water or as per the gravy required and let the mixture boil until the fish is cooked.
- Serve hot with Rice.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 260g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 90||61%|
|Total Fat 10.18g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 4.61g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.32g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|