- 2 stk butter
- 1 1/2 c. Sugar
- 8 x Egg yolks
- 3 1/2 c. Flour
- 4 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 c. Buttermilk
- 1/2 c. Lemon juice
- 5 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 4 c. Powdered sugar
- 1 stk butter - softene Red food coloring
- Directions: Cake: In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer till fluffy. Add in the egg yolks one at a time, mixing well.
- Combine in a separate bowl, the flour, baking pwdr and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk and lemon juice. To the egg yolk mix, alternately add in the flour mix and buttermilk mix, beating at medium speed till batter is complete and well combined. Distribute batter proportionately between a 12" cake pan and a 1 1/4 quart. glass bowl, spray each with cooking spray prior to pouring batter. Bake both at 350 degrees for 45 min till edges pull away from sides of pan. Remove from oven and let cold.
- Icing:In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, powdered sugar and softened butter with an electric mixer at low speed till smooth. Remove 1/4 c. of icing and stir in sufficient red food coloring to create a soft pink color. Set aside for decoration. To ice the cakes, set cooled cake on a serving plate and place the cake from the bowl, inverted, centered on top to create a hat.
- With the white frosting, cover the entire cake. Decorate with the pink icing, flowers or possibly ribbon..