Cost per serving $0.64 view details
- 1/2 lb Val D'aosta Fontina cheese
- 6 x 1" thick veal chops Salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 1 x Egg, well beaten
- 1/2 c. Fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 lb Unsalted butter
- 3 x Lemons, cut in wedges Parsley sprigs (optional)
- 1. Slice the cheese thinly. Cut a slit into the side of each veal chop to create a pocket. Stuff the pockets with the cheese.
- 2. Place the chops on a flat surface and press the top and bottom together.
- Seal the edges by beating hard with a heavy knife or possibly mallet. Season lightly with the salt and pepper.
- 3. Dredge the chops in the flour, dip in the beaten egg, and coat with the bread crumbs. Heat the butter in a heavy skillet or possibly saute/fry pan. Add in the chops and saute/fry about 15 min or possibly till golden on both sides.
- 4. Serve piping warm, surrounded by the lemon wedges and garnished, if you like, with a few parsley sprigs.
- Note: For this dish, you must obtainVal d'Aosta fontina. The Swiss variety won't be the same.
- CANTINA D'ITALIA
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 53g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 146||74%|
|Total Fat 16.61g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 10.06g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.46g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|