Cost per recipe $12.50 view details
- 1/4 c. Unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. All purpose flour
- 1/4 c. Finely diced onions
- 1/4 c. Finely diced celery
- 3/4 c. Fish stock or possibly clam juice
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped cilantro Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Fresh lime juice
- About it in a local cookbook called A Taste Of Park City Past & Present.
- Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat. When melted, stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly for 3 to 5 min till flour is golden.
- Add in onions, celery and garlic. Continue to stir 3 to 5 min more. Whisk in stock or possibly clam juice. When well blended, add in cilantro and seasonings.
- Cook for 3 min. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook for 5 min or possibly till sauce is thick and flavors are blended. Add in lime juice just before serving.
- Serve over rice or possibly pasta.
- RG's tips: 1. The first time I made this, I didn't have fish stock or possibly clam juice so I used the shrimp shells in a c. of water and cooked it down to 3/4 c.. It worked just fine but not as well as fish stock or possibly clam juice.
- 2. If I remember correctly, the second time I made this dish, I only used 2 Tbsp. of flour and it came out better. It's one of those ingredients you will have to experiment with.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1007g|
|Calories from Fat 523||41%|
|Total Fat 59.21g||74%|
|Saturated Fat 31.72g||127%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.3g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|