Delicious cookies that are similar to Subway's (re: slightly chewy, fragrant, buttery and sweet). They are easy to make and the final results guarantee you asking for more!
** This recipe makes about 40 small cookies.
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1 tbsp Milk Powder
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 55gr Unsalted butter, in room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Chopped cooking chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, caster sugar, brown sugar, oatmeal, milk powder, baking powder and salt. Stir all these dry ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together butter, vanilla extract and egg by using a balloon whisk. Don't worry so much about the lumps. Then, add the vegetable oil into this wet mixture and mix well.
- Make a well on the dry ingredients mixture then add the wet ingredients into it. Stir well by using a rubber spatula.
- When the dough is ready and not sticky to the bowl, add the chopped cooking chocolate. Combine well.
- Roll the dough into equal size balls and put them in a tray which is already lined with parchment paper. No need to press the cookie balls as they will melt in the oven's heat.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Be careful not to burn the cookies' bottom.
- Remove the cookies from the tray and let them cool. The cookies will be a bit hardened when they are cool.