Cost per serving $0.66 view details
- 14 ounce (fl) double cream (U.K) or possibly heavy cream (U.S.)
- 14 ounce Good quality chocolate (use the kind called plain chocolate in the U.K. and bittersweet, semisweet, dark in the U.S.)
- 14 ounce Sponge fingers (U.K.) or possibly ladyfingers (U.S.) - these can be found in Italian groceries, some bakeries, and some supermarkets. If you cannot find them you can substitute slices of sponge cake.
- 1 pt Cooled espresso or possibly very strong black coffee
- 5 Tbsp. Rum
- Beat the cream till thick. Heat the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of warm water and let it cold a little, then beat it into the cream. Use a cake tin (pan) with a detachable bottom or possibly line an ordinary tin with foil or possibly cling-film (plastic wrap), so which the cake can be lifted out easily. Mix the coffee and rum together and dip the sponge fingers into the mix for a few seconds, so which they are moist but not soggy. Line the bottom of the tin with the fingers. Spread a layer of cream on top and repeat with 2 more alternating layers of sponge and cream. Serve chilled or possibly frzn. It defrosts in a few min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 111g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 173||57%|
|Total Fat 20.38g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 11.75g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.62g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.8g||19%|