Cost per serving $0.33 view details
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1 c. old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. chocolate chips (I sometimes also use only 1/2 cup of chocolate and add 1/2 cup peanut butter chips)
- 1 c. coarsely broken nutmeats
- 1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- LIQUID INGREDIENTS:
- 1 stick butter">butter or good butter">butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 med. sized egg
- 1 tbsp. Half and Half (or milk)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Soften butter at room temperature (or in microwave) until very soft, but not melted.
- 3. Measure and place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, starting with the dry ingredients and finishing with the liquid ingredients on top.
- 4. Mix all ingredients thoroughly until dry ingredients are all completely moistened.
- 5. For easier handling, dough may be chilled for 20 minutes prior to shaping, but this is not necessary.
- 6. Form into walnut-sized balls (approximately 1 heaping tablespoon).
- 7. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- 8. Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes on top rack of oven.
- 9. Remove immediately from oven and place sheet on wire rack.
- 10. After 5 minutes, remove cookies from sheet with metal spatula and place directly on wire racks to finish cooling.
- Cookies will be very soft when hot. They will break if removed from sheet immediately. Do not bake until firm or they will be hard when cooled.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 40g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 76||42%|
|Total Fat 8.62g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4.7g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.81g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|