Cost per serving $1.43 view details
- 6 x Large eggs, separated, plus 2 egg Yolks
- 1 1/2 c. Sugar, plus 1/3 c.
- 4 Tbsp. Bourbon, plus 2 tsp.
- 2 1/2 c. Pureed unsweetend chestnuts
- 3/4 c. Grnd pecans, plus pecan Peices for garnish
- 2 tsp Instant coffee
- 6 Tbsp. Chilled buter, cut into Pcs
- 1 1/2 ounce Bitter chocolate, minced
- 3/4 lb Bittersweet chocolate
- 3 1/2 c. Whipping cream
- 1/2 c. Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Make the cake: heat ove to 350.degrees. Grease and flour 2 nine-inch cake pans. Beat 6 egg yolks well. Stir in 1 1/2 c. sugar and 1 1/2 tsp. bourbon, then blend in 2 c. chestnut puree. Stir in grnd pecans. Whip egg whites with a healthy pinch of salt till stiff. Fold whites inot batter. Divide mix between the two cake pans and bake for 25 min.
- Cold on a cake rack, then remove from the pans.
- 2. Make the filling: Beat the 2 egg yolks with 1/2 c. of sugar. Add in instant coffee and 1 Tablespoons warm water. Beat Chilled butter into mix, then add in 1/2 tsp. bourbon and stir in remaining 1/2 c. chestnut puree. Stir in minced bitter chocoalte. Cover bowl withplastic wrap and refirgerate.
- 3. Heat bittersweet chocoalte with heavy cream over low heat. Stir in 2 Tbsp. bourbon, transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refirgerate.
- 4. To assembel cake, sperad the chilled chestnut filling atop one cake layer and cover with the other. Cover the torte with the chocolate icing and sprinklw with minced pecan peices. Refrigeratebefore serving. MEanwhile, prepare a bourbon chantilly to pass at the table. Whip the 2 c. of cream to soft peaks, gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar and then mix in 2 Tbsp. of bourbon. and a 94 seat restaurant (Lilly's) in Louisville, KY. This issue's feature centered around buffet items for holiday parties.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 127g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 282||63%|
|Total Fat 32.83g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 18.22g||73%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.11g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||17%|