Cost per serving $0.44 view details
- 1 lb wide noodles
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 c diced celery
- 6 large carrots, sliced
- 1/4 c butter
- 4 cups cooked chicken (both white and dark meat)
- 4 qrts chicken stock ( I make my own)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- In large stockpot, melt butter over med high heat. Add onions, celery, garlic and carrots. Sweat veggies until onions are translucent.(about 5 minutes)
- Add 1 quart of chicken stock. Stir to keep veggies from sticking to bottom of pan.
- Add spices at this point. Add salt and pepper after adding chicken and noodles.
- Add chicken and another 2 quarts of stock. Stir to incorporate chicken.
- Add noodles and last quart of stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and turn down to med-low. Allow soup to simmer for 30-40 minutes. This allows noodles to cook and all the spices to fuses with the chicken.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 60g|
|Recipe makes 30 servings|
|Calories from Fat 44||35%|
|Total Fat 4.92g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.94g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.59g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|