Chicken lollies are one of the most common finger foods that's easy to prepare and a sure knock out to any party.
I usually do the battering and coating of the lollies a night before so that it'll sure stick hard on it.
A nice dip over cheese sauce or gravy will make the whole eating pleasure of the chicken lollies worthwhile.
- 2 kl Chicken wings, cut and formed into a lollipop and then marinated with calamansi or lemon juice, soy sauce, a tbsp of sugar, salt and pepper to taste (or you could also incorporate any spice of your choice). Cover it with plastic, put in the fridge for about 30 min or so.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 L egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bread crumbs
- Again, I usually do the coating process the night before serving this dish so that all spices will be mixed in and the batter would hold better on the chicken lollies.*
- In a large skillet, heat about 2 cups of cooking oil (of your choice).
- The coating by now has already stick on to the body of the chicken lollies so you could have it all rolled in to the bread crumbs for a much crunchier taste.
- If the pan has generated enough heat and the oil seems to be ready, drop(slowly) the lollies one by one. Enough spacing between each lollies must be observed so that the heat through the pan will give more grounds and thus equal amount of cooking for each piece will be achieved.
- Line in the paper towel to remove excess oil.
- For a more glacier and sweet looking chicken lollies you can brush some maple syrup on top.
- Put a piece of aluminum foil on the end part of the chicken lollipops.
- Serve with a scoop of mash potato and gravy.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 239g|
|Calories from Fat 55||7%|
|Total Fat 6.22g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.67g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 150.72g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||17%|