Cost per serving $0.90 view details
- 7 med Ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 c. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly-grnd black pepper
- 3 x Garlic heads peeled, sliced thin
- 3 whl Boneless, double chicken breasts with skin Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 bn Italian parsley stems trimmed, and roughly minced
- 3 Tbsp. Chicken fat or possibly vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Core tomatoes, cut in half horizontally, and remove seeds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place tomato halves cut-side up on a rack in the oven and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs, or possibly till shriveled and partially dry. Puree half the tomatoes in a blender till liquefied, then add in remaining tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Puree till smooth. (Thin with a few Tbsp. water if sauce seems thick.) Strain to remove any seeds and skins, and set aside till serving time.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blanch garlic in a small pot of rapidly boiling, salted water for 1 minute. Drain and set aside to cold.
- Create a pocket for stuffing by running your fingers between the skin and meat of each breast, leaving one side attached. Season all over with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine minced parsley and garlic. Divide into 6 equal parts and stuff each breast between skin and meat, spreading proportionately. If necessary, tie skin to breasts to keep in place.
- Heat chicken fat or possibly oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Saute/fry chicken, skin-side down first, till golden, about 2 min per side. Transfer to oven and bake about 10 to 15 min. Set aside for 5 min, to redistribute juices before serving.
- Whisk tomato puree and coat 6 serving plates with it. Cut each breast into 1/2-inch slices, across width. Arrange slices over puree and serve.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 157g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 219||90%|
|Total Fat 24.65g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 4.43g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.55g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|