Cost per serving $0.91 view details
- 3 c. Chicken, cooked & cubed
- 6 ounce Medium egg noodles
- 5 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 c. Chicken broth
- 1/3 c. Heavy cream Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Shallots, finely minced
- 1 c. Fresh tomatoes, minced
- 1 x Egg, lighty beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1. Cook the noodles according to package diretios, don't overcook. Drain and return to the pot with 1 Tbsp of the butter, toss well.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp butter in a saucepan and add in the flour stirring with a wire whisk. When blended add in the chicken broth and continue stirring till smooth and creamy. Simmer about 5 min.
- 3. Add in the cream and let simmer briefly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 4. Heat 2 Tbsp butter in another saucepan and add in the shallots. Cook briefly, stirring, then add in the tomatoes and cook down about 3 min.
- 5. Add in the chicken and reseason.
- 6. Add in 1 c. of the cream sauce and stir gently; set aside.
- 7. To the remaining cream sauce add in the egg, bring to a boil stirring rapidly with a whisk. Don't overcook, remove from heat.
- 8. Butter and 11 1/2 X 8 X 2 inch baking pan with the remaining Tbsp. of butter. Add in the noodles, and smooth them over.
- 9. Spoon the chicken and saue mix over the noodles. Cover with the cream/egg sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- 10. Place the dish under the broiler and cook till nicely browned and bubbling on top.
- Notes:Serve with a tossed green salad and a crusty loaf of bread.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 251g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 217||52%|
|Total Fat 24.36g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 10.44g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 26.57g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|