This is very cheap and easy to make because you can choose the flavor of the "dressing" you use to the type of pasta/noodles. It can be eaten hot, cold, and anywhere in-between. It is also good for outside eating because as long as you do not use a milk based dressing it will not go bad.
- 1 bottle of fat-free or lite Italian dressing.
- 1 bag (16 oz.) package of wide noodle or a box of rotini pasta.(or any type of your choosing.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 handful of olives-I prefer kalamata, but your choice.
- 1-2 tbs of red vinegar
- 1 handful of cherry or grape tomatoes (optional)
- 1-3 oz. of cheese- any flavor ( I prefer either sharp cheddar or monterey jack)
- Add salt to boilling water and add noodles
- While cooking pasta peel the cucumber deseed it and dice it.
- Take the cheese and cube it into 1/2 inch cubes.
- If you have cherry tomatoes cut them in half.
- When pasta is finished boiling, drain and return to pot.
- While the pasta is still hot pour the dressing on and add the vinegar to taste. If you want to eat it hot now is the time add the other ingrediants, but at this time wait til it is a bit cooler to add the cheese.
- If want cold salad after adding the dressing place in frig and cool.
- When cool add other ingridiants and mix. You can add more dressing if you like or fresh herbs like basil and cilantro.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 140g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 162||41%|
|Total Fat 18.32g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 4.04g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 53.61g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|