This is a tipical appetizer from the island of Capri Italy very fresh and very testy and amazingly easy.
In this preparation the basil leaves need to be left whole will be your guest or your self to break them in the plate so the aroma of the bail will be as fresh as it is!!
- 1 Fresh Buffalo mozzarella ball average 1/4 of pound of wight;
- 1 vine ripe tomato;
- 2 leaves of fresh basil;
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbs extravirgin Olive Oill (Laudemio Frescobaldi is my favorite )
- Fresh ground mill pepper .
- if you like can also add a sprinkle of dried oregano... Buon Appetito
- Cut the mozzarella in 4 of 5 slices 1/8 of inch thick;
- Cut the tomato in the same number of slice as the mozzarella
- Arrange the tomato and the mozzarella alternating the slices forming a circle in the plate;
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt or fleur de sel;
- Sprinkle with fresh mill grounded black pepper;
- Finish with the basil leaves and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil ;
- Buon Appetito
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1g|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.02g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|