Cost per serving $0.88 view details
- 12 ounces brussel sprouts, washed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut at each Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp pecans
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Place pecans on a baking sheet and cook until they become fragrant ~3 minutes. Remove from oven and, once cooled, chop small.
- Meanwhile, trim the wooded end of the sprouts and slice in half. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place sprouts, cut side down, on a baking sheet. Roast for 15 â 20 minutes until browned.
- When the sprouts have 5 minutes left to cook, heat a skillet to medium heat. Place butter in skillet and whisk as it begins to melt. Continue to whisk. Butter should froth up. Once it does, let it set. You should begin to notice that it is taking on a golden brown color and begins to smell very nutty. Be very careful not to burn. Once it is aromatic, remove from heat.
- Stir in maple syrup and pecans. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Toss cooked sprouts in sauce. Serve with a slotted spoon to ensure the extra sauce stays behind. Or donât. Iâll love you either way.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 105g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 144||71%|
|Total Fat 16.44g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 7.92g||32%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.82g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|