Cost per recipe $1.92 view details
- 1/4 c. Butter or possibly margarine, melted
- 3/4 c. 1% lowfat milk
- 1/3 c. Granulated sugar
- 1 pkt Active dry yeast
- 2 x Large eggs, room temperature
- 3 c. To 3-1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 x Egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Coarse or possibly raw sugar*
- * Coarse or possibly raw sugar is available in specialty stores.
- Heat butter in saucepan on stovetop. Add in lowfat milk and sugar; stir well and heat to 110 degrees F, slightly more than lukewarm.
- Pour into mixing bowl, stir in yeast to dissolve and let stand 10 min.
- Beat in Large eggs, then gradually beat in flour mixed with salt. Knead dough till smooth and elastic on lightly floured surface. Cover with a damp towel and let rise till doubled.
- Punch dough down, shape into a 7-inch round. Place in greased 9-inch cake pan. Beat egg yolk with water and brush over dough; sprinkle with coarse or possibly raw sugar. Cover with damp towel and let rise in a hot place till doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 45 to 50 min, or possibly till well browned and hollow sounding when tapped lightly. Cold on rack. Serve hot or possibly toasted. To serve, cut bread into quarters, then slice each quarter into five slices, each about 1-inch thick.
- Makes one 9-inch round loaf
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 457g|
|Calories from Fat 511||54%|
|Total Fat 57.92g||72%|
|Saturated Fat 33.4g||134%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 91.85g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|