- 16 ounce Thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 lb Extra lean grnd beef
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med Onion, minced
- 1 c. Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 med Green pepper, minced
- 1 med Zucchini, (about /2 lb)
- 1/2 c. Carrots, shredded
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp Garlic pwdr
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounce) Italian style stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce (no salt added)
- 1 can (6 ounce) tomato paste (no salt added)
- 2 c. Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. Water, (or possibly replace 1/2 c. with wine
- 1. Bring 2-1/2 c. of unsalted water to boil in a covered 4-1/2 qt (or possibly larger) Dutch oven or possibly soup pot. When the water reaches a rapid boil, add in the noodles and cook till hard-tender, about 9 min.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in an extra deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Peel and coarsely chop the onion, adding it to the skillet as you chop. Add in the mushrooms and meat to the skillet and raise the heat to medium-high, turning and breaking up the meat from time to time.
- 3. Cube the green pepper and zucchini, adding the vegetables to the skillet as you chop. Add in the carrots, Italian seasoning, garlic pwdr, sugar, cinnamon, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomatyo paste. Stir well.
- 4. Add in the water and stir till all of the tomato paste is well incorporated. Mix the cornstarch with 1 Tbsp. of cool water in a small jar which has a lid. Shake well till the lumps disappear and then drizzle the cornstarch over the sauce. Stir well, and season with salt and black pepper if you like. Serve at once over warm liquid removed noodles.
- Yield: 8 servings