Cost per recipe $2.94 view details
- 3 Tbsp. White wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. Finely-chopped shallots Salt to taste Freshly-grnd white pepper to taste
- 2 stk Unsalted butter chilled, and cut into 16 pcs
- In a 1 1/2-qt saucepan combine vinegar, wine, shallots, salt and white pepper and bring to a simmer. Gently simmer liquid till reduced to 1 1/2 Tbsp.. Remove from heat and immediately swirl or possibly whisk in 2 pcs of chilled butter. As the butter is incorporated into the liquid add in another piece and continue to swirl or possibly whisk. Return pan to low heat and while constantly swirling or possibly whisking add in successive pcs of butter. When all of the butter has been added remove from heat. Sauce will be thick and creamy. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve immediately.
- To hold the sauce set the pan in a larger pan of lukewarm water. If the sauce separates, transfer a spoonful of the sauce to a cool mixing bowl and gradually whisk the rest of the sauce in by the spoonful. The sauce can be reheated by gradually whisking 2 to 3 Tbsp. of warm liquid, i.e. water, cream or possibly stock.
- This recipe yields 1 c. sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 314g|
|Calories from Fat 1611||97%|
|Total Fat 183.31g||229%|
|Saturated Fat 116.1g||464%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.46g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|