Cost per serving $0.95 view details
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb boneless top round steak cut 3/4" cubes
- 1 med onion minced
- 2 x garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 c. beef broth
- 3/4 c. dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper Warm cooked wild rice (optional) Finely-minced parsley
- Heat the oil in a wok or possibly large skillet till warm. Add in the beef and cook, turning constantly, till brown on all sides, about 2 to 3 min. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep hot.
- In the remaining juices, saute/fry the onion and garlic till wilted, about 1 to 2 min. Remove the pan from the heat and carefully blend in the flour. When smooth, add in the broth, sherry, salt, and pepper. Return the beef to the pan, and return the pan to medium-high heat.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, then reduce the heat to produce a gentle simmer. Simmer only as long as it takes to bring the beef to the desired level of doneness (rare, medium, etc.). Sauce should be thickened by which time.
- Serve over wild rice, if you like, and sprinkle with the parsley before serving.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: It's hard to beat the flavor of a good piece of beef, though the mix of garlic and sherry in this sauce is a commendable enhancement. It's a fast cook, in either a wok or possibly large skillet.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 250g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 82||16%|
|Total Fat 9.29g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.33g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 108.27g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|