Cost per serving $0.68 view details
- 1 x flank steak excess fat trimmed
- 1 c. pickled jalapenos including the carrots and onions which come in the jar Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 8 x corn tortillas
- 1/4 c. coarsely-minced white onion
- 1/4 c. cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp. salsa de arbol
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil plus more as needed
- Cover flank steak on one side with the pickled jalapenos, then turn over let sit at room temperature, covered for 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill or possibly broiler.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper and place on a warm grill or possibly under the broiler. Cook the steak for 5 to 6 min on each side (for medium-rare), and then chop into 1/4-inch pcs.
- Heat a small saute/fry pan and add in 1 Tbsp. canola oil. Hot corn tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, adding more oil as necessary. Stack 2 tortillas together, place the meat in the center of the tortillas and top with the onion and cilantro. Drizzle a tsp. of the salsa de arbol on top of each taco.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 38g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 9||11%|
|Total Fat 1.09g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.17g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.99g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|