- 2 lb beef cubes salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 4 med potatoes thinly sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.75 ounce.)
- 3/4 c. lowfat milk
- 3/4 c. lowfat sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. fine dry breadcrumbs
- Season meat with salt and pepper. In Dutch oven cook and stir meat in oil until meat is brown. Drain oil.
- Add in one c. of water and the chopped onion to the meat. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 1/2 hrs, adding a c. of water every 30 min.
- Pour meat mix into 9"x13" baking dish. Arrange potatoes over meat.
- Combine soup, lowfat milk, lowfat sour cream, 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper. Pour over potatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, till potatoes are tender and crumbs are brown about 20-30 min.