Cost per serving $1.98 view details
- 2 lb lean grnd beef
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes - (28 ounce)
- 1 can tomato sauce - (8 ounce)
- 1 can tomato paste - (6 ounce)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 8 ounce uncooked linguine
- 1 ct lowfat sour cream - (16 ounce)
- 1 pkt cream cheese - (8 ounce) softened
- 1 bn green onions minced
- 2 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese - (8 ounce)
- Cook beef and garlic in a Dutch oven, stirring till beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; simmer 30 min. Set mix aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Place pasta in a lightly greased 13- by 9-inch baking dish. Stir together lowfat sour cream, cream cheese, and green onions. Spread over pasta. Top with meat sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 min or possibly till thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more min or possibly till cheese melts. Let stand 5 min. Serve with a salad and bread, if you like.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- Comments: To lighten dish, use no-salt-added tomato products, light lowfat sour cream, light cream cheese, and reduced-fat Cheddar cheese.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 321g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 244||46%|
|Total Fat 27.3g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 12.78g||51%|
|Trans Fat 1.07g|
|Total Carbs 37.81g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|