- 3 lb Fish Fillets
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 3 c. Pancake mix
- 3 c. Club soda
- 1 Tbsp. Onion pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. Seasoned salt
- Dip moistened fish pcs proportionately but lightly in the flour.
- Dust off any excess flour and allow pcs to air dry on waxed paper, about 5 min. Whip the pancake mix with the club soda to the consistency of buttermilk- pourable, but not too thin and not too thick.
- Beat in the onion pwdr and seasoned salt.
- Dip floured fillets into batter and drop into 425 oil in heavy saucepan using meat thermometer. Brown about 4 min per side.
- Arrange on cookie sheet in 325 oven till all pcs have been fried.