Cost per serving $0.53 view details
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter plus
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter - (1 1/4 sticks) room temperature
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lb Golden brown Delicious apples peeled, cored, and coarsely grated
- 1 c. walnuts toasted, minced Purchased caramel sauce heated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 13- by 9- by 2-inch metal baking pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, Large eggs, and vanilla extract in large bowl till smooth. Add in flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking pwdr, and salt and beat just till blended. Stir in apples, then walnuts. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake cake till top browns and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 55 min. Cold in pan.
- Cut cake into squares and serve with hot caramel sauce.
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
- Comments: "My grandmother was a reporter in New York before she got married and moved to Montana to start a new life on a ranch," writes Joyce Litz of Albuquerque, New Mexico. "At the time she didn"t know how to cook, and learning wasn"t easy - the place didn"t even have running water. Still, she appreciated good food, so she persevered and became a great cook. Later my grandmother taught me ranch-style cooking, a lot of that involved getting simple but flavorful, hearty meals ready in a hurry."
- Boost the payoff with a scoop of ice cream.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 80g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 117||35%|
|Total Fat 13.48g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 6.63g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.33g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|