Quiche is the perfect idea for an easy, budget-friendly dinner, and it comes together in a flash! The perfect "go-to" meal when you’re on a budget and you have the "what's for dinner?" blues, quiche is also a smart and economical way to use up leftover meat, veggies and cheese.
Add some fruit or a side salad, and you have delicious, thrifty and easy meal your family will love! Just follow the basic recipe, and the sky is the limit as to what you can create! Try these combinations or have fun coming up with your own:
• Ham, Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese
• Chicken or Turkey, Mushrooms, Green Beans and Swiss or Co-
• Ground Beef, Onions, Tomatoes and Cheddar Cheese
• Crab, Mushrooms and Swiss Cheese
• Bacon, Spinach and Swiss Cheese
• Zucchini, Onion, Tomatoes and Swiss Cheese (meatless so use 1-2 cups veggies)
• Ground Beef or Chorizo, Diced Tomatoes w/Green Chilies and Monterrey Jack or Pepper Jack Cheese
• Shrimp, Mushrooms and Edam Cheese
• Bacon or Sausage, Frozen Shredded Hash Browns (thawed), Onions and Cheddar Cheese
• Mild Italian Sausage, Green Peppers, Onions, and Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese
Note: For cost-testing purposes I used turkey breakfast sausage, shredded cheddar cheese, frozen spinach, fresh tomato, and green onion). Quiche freezes well. To freeze, cut into individual slices and place in hard-sided freezer containers. Freeze until firm, and then store up to 3 months. To thaw, heat in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes.