Here it is a delicious Fish Plate full of flavors and rich taste
This is the real version of the neapolitan Fish Stew as made in the best restaurants. One of the best you can try is at Ristorante Alberto - Ischia Island . I was sous chef there and learned some tips from the amazing donna Maria Mattera a superb Chef...
- 2 red mullets or 1/2 Pound Average Scaled and Gutted;
- 1/2 pound manilla Clams
- 6 Scallops Medium whole cleaned
- 6 shrimps fresh, head on
- 1 Cuttle fish cleaned and cutted in strips 1/4 of inch thick and the tentacles just cut in 4 quarts, 1/2 lb average
- 2 pints red Grape tomatoes cut in half;
- 1/2 bunch Italian Parsley finely chopped;
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil ( Mosto Raineri is the best for this dish)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp red crushed pepper
- put the oil in a large casserole pan ( 14/18 inches wide and 3 inches sides is the Ideal or something similar )
- Heat the oil and add the garlic cloves whole;
- Roast the garlic until golden brown than take it out with a spoon and discard it;
- Sear the the fish in the hot garlic oil as follows
- 1 : The Cuttle fish first sear it gently for 5 minutes than take it out and set aside;
- 2 : The Red Mullets 2 minutes per side than take out and set aside;
- 3 : the scallops for 2 minutes per side than take out and set aside;
- in the same oil now add the clams and the white wine ( dim the fire a little) , let the wine evaporate than add the tomatoes the red crushed pepper and sprinkle with a spoon of chopped parsley, let the tomato stew for 5 minutes then add in the casserole all the fish previously seared and the fresh shrimps season with salt and pepper cover and let it cook covered for 15 minutes..
- the stew is done !! to plate now follow the following steps :
- Use a large pasta Bowl and start to plate directly from the casserole in the following order :
- The mullets taking care not to break them, than the cuttle fish strips, the scallops, the shrimps amd the clams...
- Leave the tomato in the casserole put back on the fire reheat them and with a spoon crush them leaving some whole a wonderful sauce will form, Scoop the sauce on the fish sprinkle with fresh parsley, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately..
- Is delicious accompanied with roasted bread brushed with fresh garlic and sprinkled with extra virgin olive oil..
- Buon Appetito
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 210g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 255||63%|
|Total Fat 28.83g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 4.13g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.67g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|