Cost per serving $2.06 view details
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 1 kg medium size zucchinis (2 zucchinis)
- 4 links of fresh sausage (mushrooms for a vegetarian version)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Â½ tsp dried oregano
- Â¼ tsp cumin
- Â¼ tsp sea salt
- Â¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 250g canned lentils, washed and drained
- Â½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Â¼ cup mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
- Cook rice according to package directions (rice can be cooked ahead and used in this recipe later).
- Cut the zucchini crosswise into the thick, equal parts. Spoon out the seeds.
- To shorten the baking time in the oven, zucchinis can be pre-cooked in a microwave oven: put the zucchini in a microwave- proof dish and add very little water. Cover and cook 10 minutes at max. Drain and set aside.
- Squeeze sausage out of the casing into the pan with hot oil and cook until it's lightly browned, breaking apart with the back of the turner.
- Add onion and sautÃ© for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add oregano, cumin, salt and pepper, sautÃ© 2-3 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Add rice, lentils and Parmesan cheese, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place hollowed-out zucchini in a baking dish thinly coated with olive oil.
- Stuff the filling mixture into the hollowed-out zucchini, using a spoon to press the mixture down so it's tightly packed.
- Bake in the oven at 200ÂºC for 30 minutes if the zucchini has been pre-cooked in the MWC, or for 45 minutes if they are not pre-cooked.
- About 10 minutes before the end of cooking remove from oven and put a generous pinch of grated mozzarella on top of each zucchini. Put back them back into the oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve with salad.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 403g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 96||17%|
|Total Fat 10.89g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 3.88g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 85.39g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 24.0g||80%|