This is a recipe that used zucchini instead of pizza crust for a pizza.
This is a good recipe to make when we have an abundance of zucchini from the vegetable garden & feel like pizza!
I use Dell' Alpe Italian Style Pizza Sauce since it has lower sodium then other brands & reduced fat cheese. Any toppings can used, the below recipe is one idea. These are messier to eat than regular pizza. You might need a knife & fork. I cut out some of the center of the zucchini from one end to the other before adding to keep topping more in place.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 6 TBS. pizza sauce; 1 TBS per slice
- 18 slices of turkey pepperoni; 3 per slice
- 1/2 c onion; thinly sliced
- 1/2 c green pepper; thinly sliced
- 3/4 c mozzarella cheese; shredded about 1/8 cup per slice.
- Italian Seasoning, to taste
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Preheat over to 375.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice zucchinis in half lengthwise; cut out part of center lengthwise if desired.
- Lay the zucchini slices on the baking sheet.
- Spread the pizza sauce the length of the zucchini.
- Add pepperoni slices, onion, & green pepper.
- Cover with cheese.
- Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly & vegetables are cooked- about 18 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 141g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||40%|
|Total Fat 3.24g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.66g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.31g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|