Wow! When my mother-in-law, Margie, introduced me to her Zippy Tomato Soup, I became an instant convert!
And that's saying a lot because up until then, I was not a big fan of the red soup. But that has changed and you'll see why when you try it too.
You can use this soup as an appetizer or starter for any party or gathering. Just serve it in a warm mug and watch everyone's eyes light up as they taste it.
The pickle juice might throw you, but trust me, it is the secret ingredient that makes this yummy soup work so well.
- 1 large can of tomato juice
- 4 Tbsp sugar (or less - I usually use less)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes of Tobasco or other pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 1/3 cup of fresh or bottled lemon juice (fresh is better)
- Don't throw out the juice left over in your big jar of pickles. Save it for this soup! Combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Serve immediately. How easy is that?
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 79g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.67g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|