The simplicity of this recipe and the tart lemon flavor make this usually heavy dish much lighter and more refreshing.
This recipe is slightly modified from the original at cookography.com, which is a great website. The photo is also from cookography.com.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated/chopped/sliced
- 3-4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon, minced
- handful Italian parsley, chopped/torn
- black pepper
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat in a large pot.
- Cook the onion in the butter for 3 minutes or translucent, stirring constantly.
- Add the rice. Cook for 2 minutes and stir constantly to prevent burning and excessive sticking. A small amount of sticking is fine.
- Lower the heat and add the wine. Stir constantly until fully absorbed.
- Add the chicken broth 1/2 cup at a time. Allow each 1/2 cup to fully absorb and be reduced before adding the next 1/2 cup. Stir constantly. In total this process will take 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add butter, stirring until melted. Stir in the lemon juice and zest. Add cheese, stirring until melted and fully dispersed. Liberally add the black pepper. Add all other ingredients.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side, so that people can have the option to kick it up another notch.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 587g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 153||21%|
|Total Fat 17.44g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 10.5g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 106.21g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|