Cost per serving $0.47 view details
- 1 small head Savoy cabbage (about 1 pound), damaged outer leaves removed, cored, and shredded
- 1/4 cup sea salt, or more to taste
- 6 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1. Toss the shredded cabbage in a large bowl with the salt and let sit for 1 hour. (This will reduce the bitter taste resulting from the glucosinolates in the cabbage, which are broken down once the leaves are cut.)
- 2. Thoroughly wash the salt from the cabbage by dunking it in water. Taste a piece of the raw cabbage to make sure the salt is washed off. Let drain in a colander.
- 3. Return to the cleaned bowl. Toss well with the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and mint. Check the seasonings, although it should not need any more salt, and serve at room temperature within the hour.
- Serves 4 to 6
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 50g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 179||96%|
|Total Fat 20.28g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.0g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|