Chocolate is the favorite of most age groups. You can use it in many ways in your cooking; for example, in cakes, puddings or eat it just like it is. Given below is a delicious white chocolate bread pudding recipe that you can make at home in simple and easy steps, and indulge yourself in the delicious taste of chocolate.
- Items needed:
- 6 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of whole milk (we like the full-cream variety)
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of diced white chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 15 egg yolks
- 1 stale French bread loaf
- 1 teaspoon of grated cinnamon
- This bread pudding goes well with chocolate ganache. For the ganache, you will need:
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup grated dark chocolate
- - Preheat the oven to 275F.
- - Cut the bread loaf in cubes and spread the cubes on a baking sheet.
- - Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until lightly crispy.
- - Remove the bread from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 350F.
- - In a heavy bottom saucepan, heat the whipping cream, milk and sugar and bring it to a boil. Simmer for two minutes before turning off the heat.
- - Stir in the white chocolate to get a smooth mix.
- - In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and egg yolks and whisk them together. Add the grated cinnamon.
- - Pour the warm chocolate mix in the eggs and stir continuously until well mixed. Set the pudding aside.
- - Grease a 9x12 inch glass dish and line half of the roasted bread cubes at the bottom.
- - Pour some of the pudding on the bread cubes and press them lightly using a spatula so that the bread soaks up the liquid.
- - Line the remaining bread cubes on the soaked cubes and pour the remaining pudding on the top.
- - Cover the dish with aluminum foil from all sides.
- - Bake at 350F for about an hour. After an hour remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes till the tops are golden brown.
- - Boil the whipping cream in a saucepan.
- - Remove from the heat and stir in the white chocolate chips.
- - When the chocolate is melted stir till smooth.
- Once the pudding is ready, remove from the oven and serve.
- Serving suggestion:
- - Spoon some of the pudding on a plate.
- - Smooth the ganache on the top and add the grated dark chocolate.
- - You can also cool the pudding and then cut it in slices to serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 590g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1166||60%|
|Total Fat 132.02g||165%|
|Saturated Fat 79.84g||319%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 167.68g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|