I didn't see a Y-Cheese recipe ....so thought I better put one
in. It's so simple to make and so good....low in fat compared
to regular cream cheese. You can use it in recipes that call for
cream cheese. No more feeling guilty over haveing cream cheese
on your toast. You can add maple syrup or sugar to sweeten
the Y cheese if you desire. Or any flavoring , fruit , etc. just use
your imagination! Enjoy!
- Good quality plain yogurt ( must not have gelatine )
- Take a piece of cheese cloth and place it in a seive.
- Put seive in a bowl.
- Add the yogurt.
- Cover and place yogurt in the frig.
- Let the yogurt drip over night.
- Throw the whey away or use it elsewhere
- Take the Y cheese & put into a container & keep
- in the frig.
- Keeps well for up to a week or more.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 28g|
|Calories from Fat 8||47%|
|Total Fat 0.92g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.59g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.32g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|